Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises review

Pixar-style Catwoman
TDKR is okay Summer blockbuster fare but ~ for me ~ it fails as a film.

SPOILER ALERT!

Too many familiar elements lifted from other films sink this ship: Index cards featuring beats from Rocky 3, Usual Suspects and Iron Giant (to name a few) must've been tacked up on the Nolan Brother's refrigerator.

I rolled my eyes, and literally almost vomited when the audience cheered that Batman wasn't dead.  Oh brother!

No shame here though: John Lasseter & Pixar have been successfully using this Mad Lib movie making formula for years!

TJS

PS: I like Catwoman a lot!

5 comments:

  1. It's funny how you act like you're the end all and be all of filmmaking. Aren't you a waitress? The only thing you should be reviewing is whether my hash browns are nice & crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review, Terra. I haven't and won't see it because I don't care about Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, maybe I'll post more stories about Batman. I haven't had this many hits in months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah? Well, you don't know how to spell "Dummy" or "eff you," for that matter. Thanks for reading, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete