Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises review

Pixar-style Catwoman
TDKR is okay Summer blockbuster fare but ~ for me ~ it fails as a film.

SPOILER ALERT!

Too many familiar elements lifted from other films sink this ship: Index cards featuring beats from Rocky 3, Usual Suspects and Iron Giant (to name a few) must've been tacked up on the Nolan Brother's refrigerator.

I rolled my eyes, and literally almost vomited when the audience cheered that Batman wasn't dead.  Oh brother!

No shame here though: John Lasseter & Pixar have been successfully using this Mad Lib movie making formula for years!

TJS

PS: I like Catwoman a lot!

6 comments:

  1. You are a dumb bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how you act like you're the end all and be all of filmmaking. Aren't you a waitress? The only thing you should be reviewing is whether my hash browns are nice & crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review, Terra. I haven't and won't see it because I don't care about Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, maybe I'll post more stories about Batman. I haven't had this many hits in months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ef you, dummie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah? Well, you don't know how to spell "Dummy" or "eff you," for that matter. Thanks for reading, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete